The workplace is getting more distributed. Over the last decade, the biggest advances in productivity have come from new full stack, collaborative tools that manage distributed work. Code has Github. Design has Figma. What about meetings?
The most important stuff in every company is happening in meetings. But our meeting tools were designed in an era when meetings were almost always in person. Today’s meeting tools let you see and hear each other. That’s it. Vowel is a full stack meeting OS that actually helps you have better meetings, collaborate more effectively, and surface insightful team metrics and trends.
Our team has strong experience starting and running VC-backed companies. Our investors include the same VCs who invested in leading software companies, including Stripe, Twilio, Airtable, Carta, Plaid, and Lever. Plus, our users love Vowel. We won Product of the Day, Product of the Week
and the 2020 Golden Kitty Award for ⛱ Remote
Work tool of the year on Product Hunt.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with other engineers to architect, implement, and rollout new frontend-facing features — including native mobile app, desktop app, and mobile web
- Work directly with leadership and other team members to ensure that engineering goals align with overall company goals
- Develop real-time, collaborative features that leverage web-rtc, web-sockets, xmpp, data channel, and streaming audio and video features
- Develop and evolve native mobile and desktop applications, leveraging react-native and Electron
- Iteratively improve the frontend codebase, to ensure modules are decoupled, modularized, and testable
- Develop new integrations to improve collaboration, analysis, and productivity for teams
- Help orchestrate and deploy new releasesEnsure high security standards and best practices
- Architect integral user-facing features and UX across our web application, native mobile, and desktop apps — as well as for extensions and plugins across a range of external platforms
What you should have:
- Experience working on large frontend codebases using React/Redux
- Proficiency with React, Redux, and React-native
- Experience building for mobile and response layouts
- Strong familiarity with debugging, profiling, and test-driven development
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming concepts
- Familiarity with Web-RTC, ICE, and websockets
- Familiarity with web technologies, such as HTTP, CSS3, HTML5
Even better if you have:
- Experience using Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience using Objective-C, Swift, and Android/JavaExperience
- developing for cloud platforms, such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Familiarity with CI/CDFamiliarity with XMPP and Web-Sockets
- Familiarity with SQL and data modeling
- Familiarity using web-assembly
- Join the early team of a venture-backed startup with executives that have founded multiple successful venture backed companies.
- Competitive salary + equity.
- Flexible time off policy.
- Competitive health benefits and 401k.
Vowel embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.