Apply for this job
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
SemanticBits is looking for a Mid-Level Full-stack Engineer to help build modern digital health services. The project involves implementing highly interactive and modern web interfaces with React that will be used by healthcare providers across the country. Some of these services will be exposed for public consumption and some are used for enterprise integration. The system will support upwards of tens of thousands of concurrent users. The project will be implemented using an Agile, Scrum-based process that includes Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives and daily stand-ups. The team uses human-centered design to implement highly modern, usable interfaces.
- Minimum 3 years experience developing front-end web user interfaces with React
- Minimum 3 years experience using CSS and SASS (or similar CSS preprocessor) and ability to match to design specs (e.g. Zeplin)
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience with designing RESTful backend microservices and developing them using Node.js
- Experience with build tools like webpack, npm, and gulp/grunt
- Experience with Test-Driven Development using automated testing frameworks such as Jest, Sinon, and Enzyme
- Experience ensuring your code builds and deploys properly through Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes built in Jenkins
- Expertise working as part of a dynamic, interactive Agile team developing and delivering digital services
- Ability to work with and coordinate with other developers using digital tools such as Slack Experience with version control tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of modern design patterns and building enterprise-grade production applications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science strongly preferred and a minimum 4+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
Nice to Have:
- Experience as technical lead of a high performing Scrum team preferred but not required
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
- Experience with database integration, relational (PostgreSQL) preferred
- Experience with SASS/SCSS or css-in-js type approaches for stylesheets highly preferred
- Experience with AWS and Docker highly preferred
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
- This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
Three weeks of PTO
Ten paid holiday days
Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision)
401k retirement plan with matching benefit
100% paid short-term and long-term disability
100% paid life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Casual working environment
Flexible working hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-787-9656 x257 or HR@semanticbits.com for assistance.