We are a well-funded start-up based in London and Boston, and are backed by founders, investors and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies.
We’re also the team behind the popular COVID Symptom Study app - designed by doctors and scientists at King’s College London, Guys and St Thomas’s Hospital and ZOE’s talented development team. Now, with over 4 million contributors globally, the COVID Symptom Study is the world’s largest ongoing study of COVID-19.
The Government has been so impressed with the data and research being produced it is now funding ZOE to continue this great work. More information on the work the app has been doing since March can be found at https://covid.joinzoe.com/blog. Here is also a 2020 wrap up video about the COVID Symptom Study App https://youtu.be/1NZojJ_GBrc.
- Developing reliable new features on the COVID Symptom Study App with over 1 million active users on a weekly basis
- Collaborate within the team to improve and increase test coverage
- Work alongside Product, Design and Data Science teams to improve data visualisation and user engagement
- Be an active contributor to the evolution of our architecture, tools and processes.
- 4 years + experience building complex mobile/web applications
- Strong experience using React Native, React
- Experience writing clean code and doing TDD/BDD.
- Helping the team to operate effectively by breaking problems down into simpler and faster to build components.
- As a Series A Start-up, we frequently deal with high levels of ambiguity. It’s imperative that you can perform under these conditions. We work in an incredibly supportive environment with cross-functional teams that aim to help each other grow.
- We believe in outcome over output. As such, we prefer a “technology agnostic” mindset that’s aimed to get the job done - whatever tool is required.
Nice to have
- Experience working with TypeScript, Expo or Detox
- Understanding of best practices around CI/CD and release process
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or an equivalently rigorous discipline
- We appreciate those who dedicate themselves to lifelong learning.
- Possessing a self-improvement mindset, reading software engineering books, attending meet-ups, speaking at events or generally contributing to the world of OSS is a huge plus!
What we can offer
- Competitive Salary & Share Options
- The opportunity to make the world healthier, and have fun learning about cutting-edge science across biology and genomics
- Active contribution against the fight with COVID19 and the opportunity to save lives
- An exciting early-stage start-up environment, without the funding worries, and with a commercial team that has built billion-dollar revenue businesses
- A crucial role as one of the first colleagues in a truly world-class multidisciplinary and diverse team