Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.2T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payments products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity / collaboration and ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 110 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 25+ of the top 100 US construction lenders. In 2019, we completed our Series B raise led by Goldman Sachs bringing our total funding to $55M. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory.
As a technical contributor and leader, you will be entrusted with ensuring the quality and delivery of Built’s newest features. This objective requires closely working your team and other engineering teams to deliver a world-class experience for new and current Built clients. Success in this role will be measured by delivering the right solutions at the right time.
As an Engineer at Built, you will:
- Ship client-facing features with quality and integrity.
- Participate in architectural, product, and technical design conversations.
- Encourage and build up your teammates.
- Services are Built on Python, Docker, and AWS.
- Frontend development is built on React, Redux, TypeScript, Jest, Enzyme, Selenium.
- Gateway APIs are built on NodeJS, using Express and TypeScript
- We care a lot about quality and safety in our codebase.
What we need you to bring:
- Ideally, you’d already have exposure in React with TypeScript and Python. Full-stack development is preferred, but existing skills of front or backend with the desire to achieve full-stack competency is possible.
- A strong desire to be hungry and continue to improve your own skill set.
- A passion for building quality, testable code leveraging automation and a habit for actively improving the quality of a codebase “in passing”.
- A desire to be coached to become capable of simultaneously making strong technical contributions while mentoring others within the context of small cross-functional teams.
- Good communication skills.
- A working focus on our customers, both internal and external.
- Ownership and accountability of delivery and your work product.
Our culture is based in three values:
- Put people first: Work hard and be nice to people
- Be a team player: Humble, Hungry, Smart
- Work with passion: Love what you do. Do it well. Celebrate.
The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
Competitive benefits including Unmetered Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive