Apply for this job
Mosaic is a construction technology company focusing on homebuilding. We serve as a turn-key general contractor for medium-sized homebuilders while also developing a software platform that we use to automate and streamline our construction operations. Our vision is to leverage our platform to create the world’s most scalable homebuilding operation and to empower homebuilders everywhere.
Today, with our Series A led by Andreessen Horowitz, $24M+ in total funding, and a recent $100M partnership with a best-in-class, innovative homebuilder, we’re launching our platform to build better communities together with our partner towards our mission of making places people love and making them widely available.
We have one speed at Mosaic: full speed. With over 100 homes under active construction, we have an incredible advantage over the rest of the construction technology industry. Our ability to move quickly, stay nimble, and embrace change is critical to maintaining that advantage. Our strategy, projects, titles, and focus may change. But what will not change is our speed. Individuals who exhibit and resonate with these values are likely to find success with us. You can read more about Mosaic and our mission here.
As a Junior Web Engineer on our team, you will use React to build industry-first suite of construction management applications. These technologies are a critical component to Mosaic's growing differentiation in construction operations.
In this role, you will
- Design, build, implement and maintain key construction management applications and tools
- Work closely with designers and product managers to conceive, layout, and build new application concepts
- Bring a strong engineering and design intuition to discussions
- Write technical specifications and justify technical design decisions to your team
- Perform and participate in code reviews with senior engineers
- Work with a small, mission-driven team that loves philosophical discussions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, an equivalent "bootcamp" training program, or equivalent experience
- An understanding of Restful HTTP APIs
- Experience creating web applications with React
- A good sense for product usability including an ability to design simple and highly usable wireframes
- Strong communicator
- Exceptional teamwork skills and partnering with remote teams
- Ability to write well-tested and well-structured code
- An understanding of querying and joining a relational SQL databases
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with BI tools such as Metabase or Tableau
- Proven record of working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Ability to work autonomously and comfortable with ambiguity
- Patience and attention to detail
- Experience with web graphics (e.g. D3, SVG.js, etc.)
- Self-awareness to grow and adapt in an evolving environment
- Interest in construction, architecture, or affordable housing
We Promise You: Competitive salary with substantial equity and 401(k); medical, dental, vision and life insurance; sincere commitment to your growth.
Learn More: Check out company news on the Mosaic blog or read this recent announcement from our investors! Interested in other opportunities at Mosaic? Visit our Careers Page to view all of our current job openings.
* The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
** Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.