At Tradeshift, we are changing the way companies do business together. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for people. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement in all user stories from their inception through deployment and monitoring. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level.
What you'll be doing:
You will be responsible for contributing to the technical design, development and implementation of the Tradeshift app platform. We believe in shipping code, and we have just enough process in place for everyone to remain productive. But we expect you to do more than just write production code; in a typical week, you could be:
- Brainstorming technical architecture options on a whiteboard with your team
- Reviewing PRs from developers in our European offices
- Fielding questions from product managers about new features
- Fixing a bug you randomly came across and improving unit test coverage
- Giving a presentation to developers in our San Francisco office about a new technology you have been experimenting with
We’re looking for an outstanding Senior Frontend Engineer with the skills and courage to challenge, extend and improve our products. We expect you to be immersed and energized by new trends, frameworks and technologies, and have the ability to evaluate the longer-term value and quality of new developments. You should be able to:
- Strike a balance between shipping soon and finding a perfect solution, and understand the tradeoffs in a situation
- Develop and maintain a world-class responsive frontend framework, and engage in discussions about making both incremental and drastic changes
- Build beautiful, robust, cross-device compatible UI, and ensure there is sufficient coverage with automated tests
- Bridge the gap between intended user experience and practical implementation, and communicate the options clearly and concisely to designers and product managers
- Lead a team in taking a product from concept to release, and assume responsibility for the success of the product and the growth of your team
Culture & Perks:
Tradeshift is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is our people and how we work together. Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
At the center of Tradeshift’s values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best people and create a workplace where they can thrive. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
• A competitive compensation package + equity?
• Career and professional development opportunities?
• Flexible hours and open vacation policy?
• Supplemented cell phone plan?
• Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks?
• Fully paid 6 months maternity leave and 2 months fully paid paternity/partner leave?
• 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits?
• Life, short and long-term disability insurance?
• Wellness and Volunteer Programs?
• Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more