Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
What will you do?
You will be part of our growing software engineering team building robust, modern and elegant solutions for world class products as well as supporting Federal Government projects that improve people’s lives and access to information. You will help architecting and implementing entire solutions with a focus on usability and accessibility.
This role can be remote.
- Ability to create secure data flows and implement redux.
- Collaborate with other practice areas (UX/UI, Content, Delivery, etc.) and the development team to discuss user interface ideas and applications.
- Review system requirements and interface designs
- Write and maintain unit tests for the code you write
- Review pull requests and refactor code to meet best practices and performance standards.
- Develop and implement highly responsive user interface components using React concepts.
- Troubleshoot and debug front end applications.
- Monitor and improve front-end performance.
- Document application changes and updates.
- Create and maintain component libraries.
- Teach, mentor, and build capabilities within the software engineering team.
- At least 2 years working experience as a React.js Developer.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- Have a portfolio with at least 2 professional, real world applications where you can share some of the code you worked on and you can talk about your implementation.
- Knowledge of REACT tools including React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux.
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks including Mocha and Jest.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software.
- Proactive, attention to detail.
- Bixal does not provide visa sponsorship at this time.
- You must be able to undergo and pass a public trust clearance.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with Content Management Systems as a backend
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Capable of creating component libraries.
- Experience implementing Oauth and other user authentication technologies into front-end applications
- Experience implementing cybersecurity best practices
- Familiarity with docker and container-based technologies
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.