Founded in 2017, Willow is a global technology start up developing and evolving digital twin technology. The WillowTwin™ is a ground-breaking software solution that deploys digital twins for the built world to collect, organise, and analyse data.
Recently Ranked in LinkedIn's 2020 Australian "Top 10 Start-ups", you will be joining a team of high-performance individuals, backed by the most advanced integrating technology the built world has ever seen. We are chartering a new course, Digital First, the Willow Way. Our 'Willow World' is fast paced, nurturing and collaborative.
This role can be performed in Vancouver or remotely within Canada on Pacific or Central time zones (we're unable to provide visa sponsorship, you need to have the legal rights to work in Canada).
Role & Responsibilities
You will be reporting to the VP of Engineering and responsible for the following:
- Lead a software development team, building software solutions that deliver on the vision of the Product Manager
- Attract, develop and mentor engineering talent
- Contribute to establishing best practices and managing the health of existing services
- Capable of designing and implementing a high impact SaaS web technical architecture that meets customer and stakeholders needs and expectations
- Confident in being responsible for the web technical strategy, leading a team and making key technology decisions.
- Collaborate with the development team on design ideas, technical challenges, and code reviews
- Work closely with the product team to design and develop new user-facing features using React.js Framework.
- Deliver high quality, maintainable, and secure software solutions that meet guidelines set by the industry.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Continuously improve, measure and evaluate software effectiveness and usability
- Remain transparent in your work and share knowledge with others
Skills you have
- Familiarity with and using RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Familiarity with code versioning tools
- In-depth experience using HTML and CSS
- A passion for product design that is user-centered (usable and desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or other relevant field
- Experience with product development using Agile methodology
- Experience with analytics platforms
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure, GCP & AWS)
- Experience with Internet of Things (IoT) applications
- A portfolio of work you can share with us
If you are eager to work in a fast paced, high growth tech start up based on collaboration and open communication, then Willow could be the place for you. We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.
Together we can build a brighter future for the built world - A world of curated journeys and personalised experiences.