Apply for this job
We are currently seeking a talented Sr. Front-End Developer (React focused) to join our world-class team of developers assigned to work on a new project. This role will be responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of the front-end solution for our client. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions.
- We develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects. As such, we only bring an “A” team to the table, through hard work and a desire to lead the industry — this is our company culture — this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
- The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders and provide expertise as well as customer service to meet a wide variety of requirements
- Quickly provide insight and options to front-end challenges
- Collaborate with Product Managers and business teams to create consumer-like, elegant, intuitive experience for enterprise users
- Contribute both technically and in an advisory role to projects
- Develop and manage extensible, stable code bases for a variety of applications
- Provide front-end architecture and aesthetic thought leadership
- Stay current with the fast-changing landscape of React
- Evaluate frameworks, technology, platforms, and tooling solutions
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively implement sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience with the React eco system (Flux, Flow, Redux, routing, etc)
- Experience front-end tooling workflows: Node.js (NPM), WebPack, Create React App, Flow, Babel, TypeScript, etc
- Strong understanding of debugging for the browser
- Experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) patterns
- Can-do Ability to work on other technology as needed
- Experience with unidirectional data flow patterns
- Full Stack awareness, but this role is front-end based
- Experience with data integration; understanding/experience with RESTful API design and/or WebSockets
- Working in an Agile environment
- Strong team-building, vendor and customer relations skills
- GIT and GitHub
- Strong communication skills (wireframes, rapid prototypes, PoC’s, white boarding)
- Experience maintaining and extending a style guide for scalability and cross application usage
Nice to Have, but not Required:
- Experience with experience with TypeScript a big plus
- Experience working with Node (express framework)
- Experience with Grommet design and component system
- React Native
- WebWorkers experience
- ServiceWorkers experience
- Experience using TypeScript 2.x
- Experience with RxJS or other Reactive programming techniques/libraries
- PWA experience
- ***NO AGENCIES - US Only***
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.