Apply for this job
Launched in 2013, ManoMano is Europe's leading marketplace for DIY, home improvement and gardening online.
Co-founded by Philippe de Chanville and Christian Raisson, ManoMano brings together the largest offer of DIY & gardening online products: electricity, plumbing, hardware, frames, indoor and outdoor furniture, tools, etc.
With more than 3500 seller partners and 5 million products, ManoMano operates in 6 markets (France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Germany, United Kingdom).
Thanks to the success of our fundraising (311 million euros to date), ManoMano now has more than 600 Manas & Manos spread across our 4 offices in Paris (x2), Bordeaux and Barcelona. With a quarter of international staff (24 different nationalities), ManoMano is a real melting pot reflecting our European ambitions. The team is also distinguished by its young and very dynamic spirit with an average age of 31.
Proud to be part of the Next 40 since 2019 (top 40 French startups), we have the ambition to be the n°1 destination for home improvement in Europe.
Joining ManoMano is a great professional and personal experience. It is an ideal environment to put your skills to work on innovative projects on a European scale.
Because people, and especially employees, are at the heart of ManoMano's culture, we are renowned for the optimal working conditions we offer.
Have a look at our Blog : https://medium.com/manomano-tech
The Mobile Tech Lead will work inside Manomano’s mobile product team enabling mobile engineers to build new features quickly, safely, and with confidence.
The Tech Lead exhibits rigor in app development, API design, code quality, and engineering best practices. This individual possesses a thorough understanding of React Native architecture paradigms and is knowledgeable about best practices for networking, data persistency, concurrency, and threading.
· Collaborates with the architecture group and other teams to improve existing APIs and design new APIs and systems that are scalable, reliable, and performance for mobile apps
· Works together with the mobile apps Engineering Manager and feature teams to create architecture solutions; guide the team towards delivering the product based on project requirements and industry best practices.
· Define the technical requirements for the implementation of the mobile app solution
· Works with the app teams on automated testing strategy, including continuous integration and delivery
· Works effectively with multiple projects and departments.
· Propose system topologies, technologies, features and specifications for Manomano’s mobile apps. Work inside the sprint of the feature team, hands on, solving complex user stories and technical tasks. Increases the level of expertise inside the team through code review sessions, pair programming, prove of concepts, etc..Proposes technical solutions for native implementations (iOS and Android) and react native wrappers. Proposes store processes and SDKs updates to make sure the apps are compliant with the stores’s policies
· Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in building hybrid Android and iOS mobile applications that make use of RESTful services, from inception to launch
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· Minimum of 10+ years of experience in software engineering
· Hands on React Native programming
· Knows security architecture, client-server API, mobile specific technological challenges
· Experience preparing technical solution and architecture documents for mobile applications
· Understanding of various non-functional aspects in mobile application design and provide a solution to optimise performance, scalability etc.
· Thorough understanding of Android and iOS performance tools & techniques for profiling and optimisation
· Experience reusing code through different applications
· Discussing technical aspects of the mobile application solution architecture, including the technology used, methodology followed, and devices selected with various stakeholders
· Experience in code governance, quality metrics, ability to design and develop frameworks, create and optimize devops pipelines, are a strong plus.
· Permanent contract.
· 30 working days of holidays.
· Full remote during pandemics. 2 days remote according to company policy.
· Timetable: Monday to Thursday from 9:00 to 18:30 hours. Friday from 9:00 to 15:00 hours. Flexibility of +/- 45 minutes entrance and 30 minutes or 1 hour for lunch.
· Career development: 4 weekly hours dedicated to training with digital and interactive platforms. English trainings included.
· Medical assurance provided by AXA (full paid by the company).
· Gym provided by Andjoy (full paid by the company).
· Ticket restaurant and ticket transport provided by Sodexo (flexible remuneration).
· ManoMano monthly discounts.
· Online and onsite workshops, meetups, team buildings and company meetings.
· Social responsible and sustainable actions like Women in Tech, IT Academy (converting profiles to the IT sector), participation to a Food Bank, Clothes Bank, KM0 providers, Recycling, Sustainable Offices, among others.
· Location in Barcelona city center and top roof terrace overlooking the city next to La Sagrada Familia
If all the above rings a bell, it probably means that we are meant to meet each other ! Please get in touch.« So, come and plant the seeds of your success and gather the fruits of your labour »