We’re looking for a Frontend Developer to join the crew!
What we think you’ll need to do it:
In this role, you will play a critical role on the engineering team. You will know our product intimately and will be building out key features on the frontend.
**As for your background, you:**
- Have a few years’ experience as a frontend developer
- Have been an integral part of a product-oriented company
- Understand how to balance writing good code and building a great product
- Have worked in a start-up before and know how to get things done
- Contribute to the creation and development of new product ideas
- Thrive in an uncertain, ambiguous environment
- Be ready to own something new
**And in terms of technical skills, you have:**
- Deep experience in and knowledge of React
- Exposure to Python and DevOps
So, you’re interested in the role, but who are we? How do you know if you’ll love working with us?
Backed by Entrepreneur First and other leading VCs, Papercup is a machine learning start-up transforming the media industry. Using a patentable approach to speech processing, we're auto-translating the voice track on videos so the world's content can be watched in any language. You read that correctly. Any language!
Our CEO co-founded Deloitte’s tech incubator and start-up investment arm, before joining Octopus Labs and co-launching a new wealth tech venture! Our CTO has two Masters from Cambridge in speech processing & machine learning and was the first employee at a computer vision start-up, where he built their deep learning and cloud architectures.
We're upfront about our culture because we're looking for people that will love working with us:
Our company is built on ownership and responsibility. Everyone can take full ownership of their work - we all just need to be aligned on what the key objectives are.
We've invested time and energy into building a team that wakes up excited to learn, to develop and to build with us
- We respect each other, we listen, we give and take feedback
- We take ownership for our work, we’re personally invested because we believe in the mission
- We constantly learn and push ourselves, we know we aren’t perfect so embrace being wrong
- We take care of ourselves and each other, we know when we need down time and we take it
Still reading? Great! So, who are you? How do we know we will love working with you too?
You are in this for the long run. You understand that we are going after something enormous and world changing, so you are prepared to be personally invested in building this business with us and are excited by our mission.
- hungry for success but humble and self-aware
- dynamic and bright, and can wear numerous different hats
- tenacious and disciplined, you want to find a way to make it work, not take the easy way out
- not afraid……to fail, to roll your sleeves up, get stuck in and get out of your comfort zone
Apart from all this good stuff, what else is on offer at Papercup?
- Everyone gets equity. We want you to be as invested in us as we are in you
- Of course, we offer competitive salaries
- We trust you to know when you need downtime so everyone has unlimited holiday
- Our office is a design style open space in Shoreditch with easy transport links
- We have free stuff (yes, it's really free): fruit, cereals, snacks, and beer on tap
- We know coffee is life. Our building has a barista that makes awesome coffee
- There’s a ping pong table, break out sofas, communal eating area and phone booths
- And lastly, our CTO offers piano lessons, tips are recommended though