Fair's software engineers develop the next-generation FinTech technologies that change how millions of users access mobility. Our products need to reliably handle information at scale, and process millions of dollars. We're looking for engineers who have a passion to help build an outstanding automotive FinTech platform. As a software engineer, you will work on a project specific to Fair’s needs with opportunities to switch projects as you and our business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be, display qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you'll report to a Staff Engineer that oversees our 3 web-based applications: website fair.com, dealer app, and internal tools. You are an experienced front-end web developer with a good background in React. You will work with the Product, Design, and other Engineering teams on several projects that power Fair's completely digital car ownership experience. If you're someone who wants to be a major contributor to one of the best startups, and enjoys taking on challenges, then we want to hear from you!
- Build scalable and flexible web experiences that powers the future of car ownership
- Work with back-end engineers, design and product teams to plan new features and guide improvements
- Help mentoring and assisting other front engineers on the team
- Provide accurate estimates on project complexity and delivery time
- Work with Engineering teams to build projects
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience
- Background developing modern interactive web experiences with React, HTML5, CSS3
- Have some experience with a state management library (Redux, Mobx)
- Experience defining API interfaces in JSON or GRPC
- Work with version control through GitHub
- Perform code reviews and give constructive feedback
- Comfort in a design-centric environment informed by user experience research and a/b testing
- Bachelors related to computer science or equivalent work experience
- 100% coverage of medical, dental and vision benefits for employees AND their families
- Healthy work-life balance
- Equity incentives
- Unlimited vacation package
- Up to four months 100% paid parental leave
- Remote work stipend
- Employee referrals rewards
- Diverse and inclusive culture
It's Fair's policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, medical condition (as defined by California law and which includes pregnancy or childbirth), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political activity or affiliation, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, Fair prohibits harassment on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws.