If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video or learn more about what it’s like to work here from the people that already do.
About the team and position
Do you have a natural curiosity to build new technologies? Do you like building application platforms that enable other teams to be successful? If so, join a dynamic team of engineers aimed at bringing the latest in web application development to a whole new way to buy a car. We are a fast-growing team that is focused on performance, scalability, and reliability to provide the best experience to our customers, both internal and external.
Carvana is deepening its investment into business platforms that accelerate innovation for product and engineering teams that build internal applications. Our mission is to build a first in class platform with ready-to-use building blocks that provide scale, consistency, and engineering excellence to application development teams.
One such platform we developed is Carma - our own UI platform that brings a tailored interface for operations teams to be successful in the work they do. The platform is built atop React using atomic design principles and has a fast growing developer base across many Carvana teams. We would love to have you join us in deepening partnerships and building core features into the platform - dynamic real-time page updates, notifications, shared UI components, workflows, knowledge management, and much more. Come be a part of a passionate team building a platform that enables Carvana’s business!
What you’ll be doing
- Work with cloud systems, pipelines, and resources.
- Develop loosely coupled solutions that are scalable, testable, modularized, and reusable.
- Develop solutions that leverage existing frameworks and libraries, align with the overall company architecture and vision, and are compliant with the established coding standards and other engineering principles.
- Participate in peer discussions on architecture and the overall direction of Carvana platforms.
- Work in a team environment using Agile project approaches (Kanban, Scrum).
- Participate in all development activities, such as creating user stories, discovery, design, planning, and retrospectives.
- Understand the business requirements and apply solutions that align with the long-term strategies and scalable architecture goals.
- Identify, assess, and manage risks to ensure successful achievement of sprint deliverables.
- Provide thought leadership and technical direction to other junior team members.
- Learn and try new technologies and approaches while participating in bringing software engineering in Carvana to the next level.
What you should know
- At least 5 years of software engineering, with consistently advancing skills and responsibilities.
- Strong skills with any contemporary UI framework or library, such as React, AngularJS, or VUE.
- Experience in building contemporary scalable solutions, supporting high load and availability, understanding caching, sharding, container-based architecture.
- Worked with any cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, RedHat, etc.).
- Experience in contemporary code quality practices: writing unit and integration tests, using test coverage, CI/CD, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, especially in representing their technical expertise to a diverse audience.
- Self-motivated; work well both independently and collaboratively.
- A positive attitude and an excellent sense of humor.
It would be great if you also had
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Worked in C# (what we’re using for our backend/service interface applications).
- Built a microservice architecture.
- Worked with data storages (SQL or NoSQL).
- Written CI/CD pipelines, using Docker and/or Kubernetes, and container-oriented architecture.
- Used CDN to deliver static content.
- Experience in CQRS and/or Event Sourcing.
- Experience in working with GraphQL.
Wat we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.