Who we are...
We’re global, we’re growing and we’re going to need talent to keep up the pace. We’re making payments simpler for over 4m customers worldwide, in over 90 currencies. We’ve been around for 10 years, disrupting the market with a digital payment platform that aims to make sending money abroad as easy as sending a text message.
There’s almost 1,200 of us already hard at work and we love welcoming new people. We’ve got offices across the world, from London to Sydney and 15 locations in between - they’re open for business but right now lots of us are working from home. Want to be part of our global growth story - read on…
About the role...
As a React Native Mobile Engineer, you’ll be helping us build our iOS App working with our feature team. We have users sending money from 50 countries to over 150 countries – and we’re expanding. The work is varied, from creating new products and features to improving existing functionality, we strive to build a better customer experience and a better codebase. This is real growth at pace.
The codebase is written in Swift and we are migrating to React Native; we release every two weeks using Fastlane, and yet, we still have an appetite for so much more.
As a member of WorldRemit’s engineering team you will aim high, embrace challenge and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long term decision making.
Reporting to the Engineering Team Lead, you will:
- Write great code. We understand code is read more than it’s written, better off tested and maintainability is a must.
- Help shape what we build. You’ll be working closely with product owners, designers and other engineers to design and refine our work. We work as a team and your input is key.
- Own delivery. We’re obsessed with shipping value; you’ll own work beyond just a pull request. You’ll care about bugs, scalability, uptime and other non-functional requirements.
- Grow together. You’ll review other’s work and happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase and sharpen each other's skills.
What we’re looking for from you...
- Solid working experience a Mobile Engineer with React Native (Typescript and Redux).
- Basic knowledge of native iOS using Swift.
- Works across the whole app. From REST calls and auto-layout, to build processes and test cases.
- Comfortable to work in pair programming but also able to complete the own task alone.
- Bias for action. You see a problem, you fix a problem. You get buy in for your solutions and keep tickets moving. We’re always looking for ways to ship at pace.
- Growth mindset. A desire to learn from others and make yourself better every day.
- Open mind to accept constructive feedback and accept opinions of other Engineers within a safe environment.
- Agile outlook. You need to be excited about working in a fast-changing environment. Products, tools, frameworks and processes change, we evolve and take the best bits with us. The teams drive the evolution.
What you’ll get from us...
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Recharge days, 4 per year, 1 for each quarter
- Cycle to work scheme
- Various dining and shopping offers