Knock is on a mission to empower people to move freely. The Knock Home Swap™ makes it easy for consumers to buy their new home before selling their old one, skipping the hassles of living through repairs and showings, paying only one mortgage at a time, and having home prep covered upfront so their old house sells for the highest possible price. Knock currently offers the Home Swap in 25 markets in eight states and plans to expand to 75 markets by 2023.
Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity from top tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs. We are seeking a passionate Front End Engineer to help us build our internal and customer-facing web applications such as the Knock.com website. We are looking for someone with strong views who is passionate about creating great products to help millions of home buyers and sellers.
At Knock, we have fun, we move fast, we celebrate our fellow teammates, and we live by our POPSICLE values.
As a Front End Software Engineer you will:
- Build and maintain compelling experiences for Knock’s internal and customer-facing web applications using ReactJS.
- Collaborate with our talented Design, Product, and Engineering teams as well as other parts of the Knock business to deliver great products.
- Commit to best practices for testing, logging, and deployments.
- Refine and practice a strong sense of design and UX.
- Continually learn, grow, and expand your knowledge, while also supporting others learning experiences; act as a mentor and be a resource for others inside and outside of your team.
- Take on ad-hoc projects as they arise & always be willing to support your team where they need you.
We’re looking for Knockstars who:
- Full lifecycle software development experience in React or other frontend development stacks, including development, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment (we use Next.js).
- Desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success.
- Comfortable with learning new tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of modern web browser internals including history, pop/push-state, localStorage, etc.
- Experience with various Node.js frameworks and modules.
- Extra points if you have experience with React Native, Docker ecosystems, and container orchestration systems such as Amazon ECS or Kubernetes. This experience is not required, and if you do not have it, we would still encourage you to apply.
- Believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous.
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team.
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement.
Benefits, Perks, & Enjoying Life:
- Knock is a 100% remote, work from home culture and has been since our inception in 2015
- 100% employee covered medical, dental, & vision premiums
- Unlimited PTO (2 weeks mandatory) + flexible work schedules
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- $1,000 each year for education, training, and professional development
- Salary + Equity. We offer equitable compensation based market data, accomplishments, experience, & your location
We are proud to be a distributed company from our founding with employees in 28 states and counting. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock, and its subsidiaries, are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
This position is in the continental United States.