Posted 2 years ago
Apply for this job
We believe small businesses are at the heart of our communities, and championing them is worth fighting for. We empower small business owners to manage their finances fearlessly, enabling more of them to thrive by offering the simplest, all-in-one financial management solution small business owners can't live without.
As an award-winning company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we are unwavering in our commitment to grow and support both our customers and our people. We care deeply and we challenge directly. We re-image the possible, together, to achieve extraordinary results for the small business owners we support and believe in.
About The Team:
Our mobile team builds both mobile platform and product at Wave. Our mobile platform allows all Wave engineers to build for our customers’ devices, and our apps empower small business owners to do their best work wherever and whenever they need to.
About Mobile at Wave:
We build on a combination of native iOS and Android, as well as React Native. This means that we welcome anyone with iOS, Android, or React Native (or other!) mobile development experience, and we expect that you’ll be comfortable learning how to build for more than one platform when you get here. We use continuous integration to run test suites on every commit. We cultivate a culture of shared ownership by doing code reviews for every pull request, and learning opportunities such as mentorship programs and bi-weekly workshops.
Here's how you will make an impact:
- Face exciting, out of the box challenges day in day out. From rapidly scaling our systems to redesigning large parts of the application, we never run out of difficult problems to solve. The status quo just isn't our style.
- Rapidly grow into leading technical projects, processes, and standards.
- Work as part of a small, agile, integrated product team that’s focused on continual improvement of their skills and helping each other learn new things. This is a workplace that is fun and informal — a place where you'll want to come to on Monday mornings.
- Build something that will make lives of real people easier
You'll thrive here if you have:
- More interested in building compelling mobile products and platforms than working in a specific language or technology stack.
- Interested in leading technical projects from inception to delivery.
- Borderline obsessive about testing and quality of workmanship.
- Curious and excited about technology as a force for good.
- Committed to writing testable, modular, maintainable, simple, and well-documented code.
- A strong written and oral communicator (you can speak the words real good and write pretty ok sometimes too).
At Wave, we have an unwavering commitment to growing our people personally and professionally, and we make a serious investment in each employee’s health and wellness. Through skills training, mentorship, leadership programs, monthly mindshares, and education allowances, we foster continuous learning and development. Our extensive health benefits plan combined with flex health funds, employee assistance plan, wellness classes, and extensive time off allow our employees to stay healthy and care for themselves and their families while doing their best work - whether you choose to work from our beautiful office in Toronto or from home anywhere else in Canada.
We are different from other companies in many ways; first and foremost, by our culture. We are not perfect by any means. We can all do better, and as a company, we strive with uncompromising integrity to do better every day. We have an unwavering belief that a diverse and inclusive culture creates the best workplace experiences. We embrace our differences, value individuality, and respect the broad spectrum of every Waver's skills and abilities. We challenge each other from a place of respect and pursuit of continuous growth. We trust each other and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, everyday. At Wave, our voices matter, our opinions are met with an open mind, and contributing to an inclusive culture is a part of all of our roles.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Canada’s Great Places to Work in various categories including Technology, Millennials, Mental Health, Inclusion and Women for years. Our people are incredibly talented and the key to our success, so we admire and respect each and every one greatly.
Are you ready to be a Waver? Join us!