Senior Front End Engineer
Posted 2 years ago
Apply for this job
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Senior Front-End Developer
About the role
Tools and Productivity team (TAP) is building services/tools used by internal teams to increase productivity and velocity in everyday tasks. The TAP team is heavily relying on internal core services/APIs to provide custom tools for internal teams including engineering, professional services, support, finance.
As a software engineer in TAP team, you can expect to work with many different teams and have an impact on the whole company. Tools are designed to be RESTful microservices and be reachable via Rest API’s.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer with extensive experience in Front-End, especially with React.
· Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams.
· Evangelize best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
· Design, create, document, and maintain restful services using Spring Boot/Cloud8
· Work closely with the rest of engineering teams and Operations teams to ensure that the highest quality software is deployed.
· Communicate technical concepts/issues clearly to colleagues and review documents for technical content and accuracy.
· Proven experience in Java (SpringBoot, rest API services etc.)
· PHP (Laravel) and JS (React or Vue) know-how
· Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Fluent written and spoken English, with a good understanding of technical terms.
Working at 8x8
· Industry leading, award winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
· Inclusive, supportive, and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
· Encouragement and environment to make a difference.
· Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real.
· Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 UK Ltd. is about check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness which is why we have been a member of the Living Wage Foundation for many years and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to. For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.