Hiro builds developer tools for Stacks, the network that enables apps and smart contracts on Bitcoin.
Hiro is a core entity within the Stacks Ecosystem. The Stacks ecosystem is a collection of independent entities, developers, and community members working to create a user-owned internet on Bitcoin, the most secure and proven blockchain in the world. Hiro empowers developers with the tools they need to innovate and build on Bitcoin, in ways previously not possible.
We’re currently hiring
a Front End Engineer to be part of the User Experience team. This is a core engineering team engaging in customer-facing work. You'd be giving our users (developers, investors, community members) the tools to secure, protect, and explore Stacks. You’d be working on critical open source projects, impacting Hiro and the entire Stacks ecosystem.
What You’ll Work on:
What we’re looking for:
• 4+ years of experience building front end applications
• Understanding of frontend application structure and architecture
• Experience in afrontend framework like React, Angular, or Vue
• Deep understanding of state management
• Knowledge of web technologies
• Understand and comfort with designing and using an API
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Great customer empathy and make user experience is a top priority
We'd also like to see:
• Interests in crypto/blockchain
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet. There’s no perfect candidate and we want to find the right fit, even if it’s different than we imagine. We especially would like to meet underrepresented/underestimated candidates.
Preferred locations: from GMT-8 to GMT+1
Hiro Systems PBC was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. More info here
• Remote-first team with HQ in New York City
• Public Benefit Corporation on a mission to build a user-owned internet
• $75M total raised. $23M from first ever SEC qualified token offering in the U.S.
• 8,000 + active developers and enthusiasts in the community
• 400+ apps launched on Stacks
• Work alongside leading PHD experts in computing
Hiro Systems PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.