Senior Frontend/UI Engineer
Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
As a Senior Front End/UI Engineer at Mux, you will work on features in our React/Redux front-end application through one of our product-focused teams that have significant user-facing features. We’re looking for frontend/UI engineers across various teams that will enjoy strong ownership in their domains, and being part of an inclusive and creative Engineering team taking on big challenges in the video space.
Teams with Frontend Roles at Mux:
Mux Data: Mux Data is an observability tooling for developers working with video that monitors and aggregates insights for the end-to-end video playback experience. This team builds out the features as well as platform that support this product, e.g. our client-side SDKs, data dashboards, and the backend aggregation platform.
Video Experience: Video Experience is responsible for the web-based workflows and tooling that enhances the Mux Video product, an API that enables developers to build powerful on-demand and live video experiences. This team supports features like our livestream health dashboard, as well as self-serve workflows of working with video assets.
Core Product Experience: This team is responsible for the shared web-based experience for all Mux customers, ensuring this is a delightful experience that works cohesively across different products and use cases. The work includes workflows that drive our customer onboarding and growth funnel, and the architecture of shared UI components and design system across products.
What You'll Do
- Work with your team to collaborate and execute on the product goals and technical roadmap
- Build product-focused features in our React frontend that integrates with our Elixir application, e.g.
- Data: Data visualization challenges for historical and real-time analytics
- Video Experience: Data visualization for livestream health dashboard, self-serve workflows for video assets
- Core Product Experience: Customer onboarding and growth, shared UI components and design system
- Contribute to shared UI components and the architecture of the frontend platform
- Work across teams to develop a unified approach and development workflow for our frontend application
Who You Are
- 3+ years of engineering experience. You’re a strong engineer comfortable working across multiple platforms and environments.
- Solid engineering fundamentals (CS degree a plus).
- React/Redux experience or similar preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with browser testing and performance tuning.
- Video experience is a plus but not required.
If you don't have all of these requirements but think your experience could be a great fit, that's okay! Please apply and we can talk about what's most needed in the role
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, and Brightcove. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance. We're working in a beautiful office space located above historic Orpheum Theatre, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks, snacks, and good coffee.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
- Catered meals and snacks
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco or Remote (US)