Grover is the alternative to ordinary - rethink things.
Grover offers a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love - it's the new, accessible alternative to buying or financing tech products. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price. We're on a mission to re-invent consumption, break the barrier between ownership and usage, and make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 Emerging Innovators group of leading companies in the Circular Economy, we are at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products through recirculation. Since launching in 2015, we have reached more than 500.000 registered users and have raised roughly €300 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the Top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 and 2020.
Due to growth and international expansion, we are looking for a React Native Developer to join our talented tech team. You will be part of a small team composed of one Engineering Manager, 1 Product Manager, 1 React Native Developer, and 2 Software Engineers.
The role gives a lot of ownership to make architecture decisions or implement new ideas, to build even more amazing mobile applications! You can have a look at Google Play or the App Store to have a first overview.
As a React Native Developer, you will:
- Be a key member of our Engagement team to build React Native iOS / Android applications
- Be part of innovative projects, with a high impact on Grover's growth
- Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code.
- Create clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Integrate third-party APIs
- Release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores
- Document and share your knowledge with the team to prepare us for scale
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate React Native Developer with:
- 3+ years of experience as a React/React Native Developer
- Ability to make software design/architecture decisions
- Mastery in testing/refactoring practices
- Experience with native modules development for iOS and Android
- Good knowledge of GraphQL
- Experience with hybrid applications design that combines WebView and Native components is a strong plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin
- Diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting!) - genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks