CarTrawler is the leading B2B provider of car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. We bring opportunities to life through an online marketplace connecting our partners, customers and mobility suppliers.
CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivalled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including American Express, Alaska Airlines, easyJet, eDreamsODIGEO, Hotels.com, KLM, TravelStart and Emirates. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
CarTrawler was established in 2004, our headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with an office in New York. For more information visit www.cartrawler.com
At the start of 2019, CarTrawler created a dedicated business function within the organisation referred to as Mobility. `Realise the Mobility Opportunity’ is one of the four pillars for the company strategy thus re-enforcing it’s important to the overall company vision. This function was set up to focus exclusively on a reformed mobility proposition for our partners, partners end customer and our suppliers. The dedicated function is made up of cross-functional disciplines which range from Product & Technology, Business Development, Partner Relationship Management, Data Insights, Supply and Customer teams respectively.
Your specific role is to join the Mobility Product & Technology team and contribute to the overall delivery of the mobility product vision. This role will partner closely with the Tech Team Lead (Frontend), your direct peers and the Backend Engineering Team through API support. You will be responsible for contributing to the architecting, designing, and enhanced development of our mobility SDK (ReactNative) and PWA (Preact) applications.
Reporting to: Tech Team Lead - Frontend
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
· Contributing towards building, maintaining and deploying our frontend applications, focusing on application logic, state management, UI components and external interfaces for 3rd party integration.
· Contributing towards innovation - you will be helping to introduce modern tools, libraries & methods to experiment, learn, create proofs of concept and help bring ideas to life.
· Collaborate on technical coding issues and solutions - helping with technical decisions such as tools, coding practices and coding architecture used in your team.
· Working within a multi-functional, agile development team with dedicated designers, engineers and e-merchandising specialists.
· Tech Team Lead - Frontend
· Frontend Engineering Team
· Backend Engineering Team
Knowledge and Experience:
Ability to set an example of good development practices to other developers on your team.
Have experience in developing in a number of different frameworks and an understanding of modern development tools, techniques and patterns. You will have expert level skills in your most familiar development stack.
You should thrive in a highly agile environment where you can work within teams on task specifications, technical planning, development and deployment.
Be a developer at heart with the ability to write and review code, have a passion for frontend UI and pride in the applications that you deliver.
You must be able to troubleshoot and solve complex problems - that's what makes software development fun and challenging for you.
Be able to understand and contribute towards a technical vision. As we improve our architecture, you will be essential on this journey - because you understand the need to deliver working software that does what the customers and business stakeholders want
Excellent knowledge of software development best practices (including continuous integration and writing unit/end-to-end test suites) is required.
Work with partners, answer their questions, help them to integrate our products, troubleshoot and solve issues with them, ...
Java, Objective-C or Swift.
State management patterns (Redux, React Context, ...).
Android Studio and XCode (including troubleshooting, reading stack traces, solving issues on the mobile native layer)
Bash scripting and the terminal.
Gradle and CocoaPods.
Log Management tools (Graylog, NewRelic, etc...)
Testing frameworks (Jest, Detox, ...)
Publishing mobile apps on Google Play and Apple Store – nice to have
NoSQL Databases - MongoDB database browsing tools (Robo 3T– nice to have
Hybrid Working Model
At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you.
At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote
working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including:
A Windows laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera
A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style desk
· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available
· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members
· Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future
· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity ,parents leave and marriage leave
· Life assurance & Income protection
· Financial planning support
The Cool Stuff:
· Annual performance related bonus
· 25 days annual leave
· Subsidised restaurant – with free breakfast
· We have a dedicated Talent Management team to support individual and team development needs, including unlimited premium access to;
o LinkedIn Learning
o Technical trainings via Udemy
o We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmes
· To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops
· We are a company that likes to give back. you will have the opportunity to get involved in some of our company-wide CSR initiatives
· An outstanding, dedicated sports and social club
· Free on site Yoga, Pilates, Massages, Bootcamp
· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more
· Regular discount offers including- Base Pizza, SabaToGo, Medipharm Windy Arbour, Giraffe Childcare, ID90 Travel