Knock is on a mission to empower people to move freely. The Knock Home Swap™ makes it easy for consumers to buy their new home before selling their old one, skipping the hassles of living through repairs and showings, paying only one mortgage at a time, and having home prep covered upfront so their old house sells for the highest possible price. Knock currently offers the Home Swap in 17 markets in six states and plans to expand to at least 21 markets by mid-2021.
Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity from top tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs.
This Mobile Software Engineer will help Knock build the innovative mobile applications that support our customers, our large (and growing!) network of agents, and our internal teams. We are looking for someone who is customer-first and passionate about creating great products to help millions of people.
At Knock, we have fun, we move fast, we celebrate & support our fellow teammates, and we live by our POPSICLE values.
As a Software Engineer at Knock you will:
- Build and maintain innovative new experiences in Knock’s mobile portfolio, including our customer-facing and internally-facing apps.
- Design and contribute to the high-performance backend services that drive the mobile apps.
- Collaborate with our talented Design, Product, and Engineering teams as well as other parts of the Knock business to deliver great products.
- Commit to best practices for testing, logging, and deployments.
- Refine and practice a strong sense of design and human-centered UX.
- Work with your team to solve problems in a cross functional way, learn from others, and share your knowledge and experiences with them.
- Be an involved team member, participating in scrum ceremonies and creating thoughtful tickets for your team's backlog.
- Continually learn, grow, and expand your knowledge, while also supporting others learning experiences; act as a mentor and be a resource for others inside and outside of your team.
- Take on ad-hoc projects as they arise & always be willing to support your team where they need you.
We’d love you to bring:
- Full lifecycle software development experience in a mix of React Native and/or native mobile development environments, including development, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- A strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success, and are motivated to learn new technologies and tools.
- Production experience in mobile development with React Native.
- A strong customer-first mindset and data-driven approach to your work.
- Believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and innovative.
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed team.
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement.
Benefits, Perks, & Enjoying Life:
- Knock is a 100% remote, work from home culture and has been since our inception in 2015
- 100% employee covered medical, dental, & vision premiums
- Unlimited PTO (2 weeks mandatory) + flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- $1,000 each year for education, training, and professional development
- Salary + Equity. We offer equitable compensation based market data, accomplishments, experience, & your location
We are proud to be a distributed company from our founding with employees in 28 states and counting. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock, and its subsidiaries, are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
This position is in the continental United States.