Canal is the new way to discover and sell physical products online. We're doing it by building a network of deep integrations across e-commerce platforms, so consumer brands can put their products anywhere across the internet. You've heard of distributed systems; we're building the distributed digital economy.
This is a big idea, and we're prioritizing the top minds in tech, who get excited about building production-grade software and scaling it to millions of users, to join our founding team. While our stack includes React
+ Typescript and Django, we're open to a wide range of experience.
- Participate in roadmapping and architecture discussions
- Produce high-quality, production-ready, readable, maintainable code
- Lead large projects from initial inception to production
- Unblock and support your team of peers including engineers, executives, designers, product managers, and business operators
- 2+ years of full-time software engineering experience (4+ preferred)
- Built with React, or similar front-end web development tools
- A complete knowledge of software development paradigms, and a willingness to go beyond your responsibilities as a front-end developer
- An agile, motivated team based in San Francisco
- Django for backend
- React + Typescript for frontend
- PostgreSQL as our database
- Digital Ocean with Kubernetes for hosting
How You'll Succeed
- Own: Advocate for the products and processes that you believe in, then help your team understand and implement them.
- Prioritize: Seek out the context that will allow you to manage your time successfully, and quickly develop a keen sense for what's urgent vs what's important.
- Communicate: Go beyond the top of your inbox, and use multiple channels of communication in concert to proactively drive alignment.
- Adapt: Evolve with needs of the business, which (as with any startup) are evolving constantly.
- Unlimited PTO + 12 company holidays
- Quality health, vision, dental insurance
- 401K Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Home Office Stipend
- And more!
Canal is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.