At Kinsta we aim to create truly effective solutions for our customers and our internal teams. We believe the only way to maintain and scale our standards is to focus on quality code. If you are a talented developer and you would like to work with an ownership-embracing, highly skilled team in a relaxed environment where culture is as important as technical excellence, Kinsta might just be the place for you.
React, Node, GraphQL, SQL, Express, Webpack, Babel, TypeScript, Jest, Storybook, Git, Heroku, Docker, Stripe
At the moment we are looking for applicants who live and work in the USA or Canada and speak English as a first language.
We strongly believe in ownership. This means that as a developer at Kinsta you have a direct and immediate impact, but it also means that you have more responsibility. Developers are expected to communicate and collaborate with other departments, organize projects, delegate up, down and sideways, and make decisions in order to make development more effective at all levels.
Responsibilities and challenges:
- You will be tasked with contributing to and eventually leading a diverse set of projects that have an immediate impact on our customers' experience, on our internal teams' day-to-day and thus our business as a whole.
- We rely heavily on communication between all team members, regardless of team or department lines. As a Kinsta developer you will be communicating with the Design, QA, Marketing and Support teams to provide and solicit feedback.
- We strive to implement a bottom up approach, hand in hand with an ownership mentality. Our goal is to give each developer as much freedom as possible with the capacity, knowledge and willingness to make decisions that matter.
- We implement a robust review process to ship quality code. All developers are expected to participate in code reviews to ensure accountability and stability, share knowledge, and learn from peers.
- Experience with backend-focused JS (eg: Node, Express).
- Experience with modern JS frontend frameworks (eg: React, Vue, Angular).
- Experience with modern JS tools (Babel, current ECMAScript standards).
- Experience with statically typed languages or typing tools for JS (Typescript, Flow, Elm).
- Experience with databases (SQL, or NoSQL).
- Experience with git and team collaboration with git.
- Experience with JS testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha).
- Experience with frontend building tools (Webpack, Gulp, Grunt).
- Experience with web hosting, server infrastructure or server management.
- In-depth experience with the Stripe API.
- We offer a relaxed working environment where everyone can work in peace.
- We avoid deadlines when possible.
- Due to the ownership mentality, developers participate in projects from conception to deployment.
- Everyone has a voice in the development process, we welcome ideas, thoughts and constructive criticism.
- We have an amazing design (UX and UI) team, tasks are fully researched and designed before development begins.
- Work hours are flexible.
Kinsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and we will take actions to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.