Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing instant booking for shippers.
Where we are:
Loadsmart was founded in New York and is currently headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our teams operate remotely from different parts of the United States as well as in several locations across Latin America.
Who you are:
You are curious to impact a 700 billion dollar industry of logistics. You know how to develop front end products with the help from design. You are a user interface expert, you like working in a hands-on environment and enjoy teamwork. You are a problem solver, not a requirement follower.
- Discuss good practices for software modularization and feel comfortable suggesting contributions to build our set of internal guidelines and shared code
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Create unit tests using frameworks like mocha or jest
- Identify front-end bottlenecks and optimize the webpage performance to improve the user experience.
- Communication. You’re very comfortable communicating in English (both written and spoken) - you will work in an international team with native and non native english speakers
- Experience using web build tools, such as Webpack, Gulp, and Grunt
- Experience with best practices for web performance optimization
- Passion. Be passionate about creating clean, highly maintainable, and structured code, supported by unit and integration tests
- Collaboration with Back End. Experience with integrating REST APIs as well as their design so you can also collaborate on its definition together with our backend team
- Collaboration with Design. Working knowledge of UI/UX practices, as well as understanding the web standards
- Curiosity. You're keen on learning new technologies and tools as well as evaluating their pros and cons. You're a pragmatic programmer. You ask questions and are eager to learn more
- Leadership. You have mentored others and helped them become the best version of themselves. You are a reference to the group and keep up with their training needs - it is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a related field is preferable but not mandatory.
What you will find here:
- Generous Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Compensation
- Building a Rapidly-Growing Tech Company
- International Environment / Career
- Ability to Work with Cutting-Edge Technology
- Access to an Online Learning Platform
Because we are an international company, we only accept resumes in English.
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring
and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.