Junior Frontend Engineer
Our e-commerce engineering team builds software to support our partners throughout the business, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, and studio. Our team is looking for motivated engineers who are excited about developing beautiful, interactive websites using the latest frontend web technologies. You will work on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with Product and Design to deliver elegant, intuitive, accessible, responsive, and user-friendly interfaces as we continue to grow our platform and international presence. This is a great opportunity for you to develop, test, build, ship and monitor flexible e-commerce solutions, integrated with our platform and third-party partners, to showcase and sell our physical and digital products.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Write understandable, well tested code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and task breakdown.
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, promoting simplicity and working software.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Promote constant refactoring, pair programming, iterative development, and other industry best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, and monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process.
- Work closely with our U.S. engineering team to establish standards across teams, and advocate for first-class internationalized solutions.
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, and Project becoming a domain expert in acquisition and e-commerce at Peloton.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Some professional software development experience
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- A love for clean, elegant code.
- Proficiency in at least one UI framework like React (preferred), Vue, or similar
- Eager to learn industry best practices and web standards
- Understanding of Agile, Lean, and DevOps principles.
- Understanding of testing and CI/CD.
- Interest in learning functional programming design principles.
- Capacity to work in high growth, fast-paced environments, and can adapt to change.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail and dedication to quality.
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch and learns, and geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about.
- Experience working within e-commerce and third-party payment gateways.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience with backend technologies.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.