Griffin is a new Banking as a Service provider (BaaS), based in London. We are currently seeking authorisation to become a fully regulated bank, so that we can provide safeguarding and client money bank accounts to our customers. About half of the leadership team has prior experience setting up a new bank in the UK and the process is well underway.
We're heading towards a future where people and firms get most of their financial services and products from technology companies and other non-bank firms, rather than high street banks. But firms that handle their customers' money will still need to partner with a bank to safeguard and securely manage access to these funds. That's where we come in. We're aiming to be a world leader in this space, offering financial products built by technology experts with all the security and robust controls of a fully regulated bank.
We're looking for thoughtful people who don't give up easily and who strive to be kind in their words and actions. As product designers, we are always looking for ways to simplify complex things and we take security very seriously. As a financial institution, we believe that our customers' trust is our single most valuable asset and we will go above and beyond to earn and keep it. We are heavily transparent and share everything from executive committee meeting minutes to financials openly within the company.
We have cultivated our culture deliberately and are very protective of it. We won't hire someone if they're not a good fit for our culture, even if they tick all the other boxes.
You can learn more about our culture and values on our website.
The Engineering Team:
As with most of the company the engineering team is still in it's infancy. We have grown quickly within the last year to our current team size of 14 which is made up of the CTO, VP of Engineering and 12 engineers split across backend, infrastructure and fullstack specialisations.
Rather than "move fast and break things", we aim to move thoughtfully and to make few mistakes. We are an output-driven environment that operates with extreme autonomy; people are free to keep their own hours and we don't micro-manage each other.
Our frontend stack is CLJS, Reframe, Reagent, React, Styled Components, Styled System and Storybook.
Our backend stack is Clojure, Kafka, Datomic, Kubernetes and AWS
Who are you
The ideal candidate for this job will have most of the following:
- Strong JS experience in React or Vue and experience with browser quirks
- Experience in cross-functional product development teams, shipping consumer-facing features
- Proven contributions to internal design systems
- An appreciation for the importance of good documentation – internal and external
- Solid understanding of semantic and accessible HTML and CSS
- Attention to detail, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability and security
Nice to have:
- Experience with one or more of the technologies within our frontend stack (CLJS, Reframe, Reagent, Styled Components & Styled System)
What will you be doing here?
As a frontend engineer at Griffin, you'll be...
- Building out the component architecture of our SPA
- Integrating and extending our backend APIs
- Helping build and grow our design system
- Writing accessible, semantic and performant frontend code
- Developing and extending our test suite
- Working in tandem with designers
What can we offer you?
We are an early stage startup and we're working hard to expand our benefits package. We're planning to add to this list in the future
- 25 days off a year + bank holidays
- Flexible, remote-friendly working - including supporting home office setup
- Tax-advantaged stock options under HMRC's Company Share Option Plan (CSOP)
- Auto-enrolment into company pension scheme
- A Pleo card for covering work expenses
- Private medical insurance and life insurance (provided by AXA and AIG respectively)
- A weekly team lunch on Griffin (even when you're working remotely)
How do I apply?
Please include a cover letter, a resume and a link to your online portfolio where appropriate. We cannot review applications without these. If there's a match our Talent team will reach out to schedule an initial conversation and talk you through our interview process in detail
N.B: Our London office is located in Moorgate and we are comfortable hiring people to work from anywhere in the UK. About half of the company is based in London and may return to working in an office post-COVID, and the other half is full-time remote. We are currently able to support remote employees based in: Sweden, Ireland and Portugal