Senior React Native/Mobile Engineer
Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Role
The Alto Patients team is responsible for the native and web applications our patients use to manage and fill their prescriptions. Our goal is to make filling a prescription easy and delightful for our patients, and to build differentiated service offerings that improve patient health outcomes. We’re a highly collaborative cross functional team composed of product managers, designers, engineers, analysts, and user researchers working together to define and build the world class modern pharmacy experience.
Example projects include:
- Enabling patients to request a price quote through the apps for prescriptions they’re considering transferring to Alto to build trust in our service and motivate patients to transfer.
- Allow patients to quickly and easily schedule refills directly through SMS to ensure they get their next fill on time.
- Implementing our new and improved design system/component library to accelerate design and engineering time to delivery.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Use your experience with React Native/mobile to create technical leverage that enables us to deliver more value to patients.
- Collaborate with cross functional peers to define and implement complex features that ensure patients get their medications, know how to use them safely, and remain adherent.
- Evolve our team culture and processes through collaboration, participation in sprint rituals and retros, and mentorship.
A Bit About You:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a production environment
- Recent experience building high quality React Native, iOS, or Android mobile applications
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving that’s biased towards patient and business impact
- A strong sense of ownership over your work and a desire to uplevel your peers
- Passion for Alto’s mission and our company values
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.