As a new industry alternative for independent artists, UnitedMasters provides premium music distribution services and facilitates unique partnerships between artists and the world's biggest brands. We enable artists to maintain full ownership over their master recording rights while introducing them to millions of new fans worldwide through our direct brand partnerships.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers and storytellers with backgrounds from Beats, Apple, YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation.
We are looking for an experienced React Native/ReactJS developer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for mobile application development and architecture.
This role will work with React Native and GraphQL, creating and expanding our mobile applications.
What you will be doing
- You'll brainstorm with Product Managers, Designers, Backend, and Frontend Engineers on your team to conceptualize and build new features for our growing user base of artists.
- You’ll produce high-quality results by contributing heavily to team projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- You’ll actively own team features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems.
- You'll mentor other engineers and deeply review code.
- You’ll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web, mobile, and business applications
- Communicate openly and often, using tools such as Slack
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
What you should have
- 1+ years experience working as a mobile app engineer in an agile team
- You have developed React Native apps that communicate with Restful APIs, use local storage, network data synchronization, and user authentication.
- You enjoy working with React Native and have a successful track record of developing both iOS and Android applications using this framework.
- You have experience developing, shipping, and maintaining a native app for iOS or Android.
- You can work remotely and use conference and collaboration tools effectively.
- You can contribute to technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You are a good problem solver. You consistently find practical and efficient solutions to both technical and non-technical challenges.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You have great ideas, and can run with them to produce great results.
Nice to have
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant education/experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- Expertise in related concepts like web services, SOA, RPC (GraphQL, REST, gRPC, Thrift) and API design.
- Good knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
- Can take ambiguous requirements in complex domains and distill them down into actionable tasks.
- Experience coding and bridging native functionality to React Native
- Experience in Redux or equivalent application-wide state management
- Experience with programming multiple languages like Java, .Net, Ruby, PHP, and Python
- Experience or familiarity with Flask and Sqlalchemy
- Experience with mobile technologies such as Swift and Java