Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Senior Front-End Software Engineer to join our team and focus on building and maintaining our React UI component library, mentor team members and drive key projects based in either our beautiful Redwood City, CA or Los Angeles offices
- Partner closely with product management and UX designers to shape requirements and deliver features
- Develop and maintain a fast, bug-free, and reusable library of web components written in React
- Participate in code reviews regularly to provide guidance to junior developers, protect our codebase quality, and ensure that features progress at an acceptable pace
- Provide mentorship to junior developers through chat, pair programming, and regular meetings with the entire front-end team
- 5+ years of front end engineering experience, with at least two years spent as a lead or senior front end engineer
- You have the skills to create a UI without the help of a framework like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Experience with responsive design and mobile-first principles
- Experience designing scalable, performant front-end applications
- Passionate about web accessibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field OR relevant equivalent technical experience.
- Ping pong skills, a love for boba tea, and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...
A Year in Giving: 2020
We Support Justice + Equality