Front End Software Engineer
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
As a frontend engineer on the Student Experience engineering team, you'll have a direct impact driving new feature development across the student journey at Udacity. You'll be working to build, test and deploy a new classroom experience with 24/7 expert mentor support and AI help, and scale it for millions of students and some of the top companies in the world.
Our frontend stack is React + Redux, paired with a backend stack in Node and Go. We have a unified design system https://veritas.udacity.design that makes feature development more delightful, and our platform team supports the developer experience with everything from UI infrastructure to incident response.
- Drive new feature development across our student journey, including our classroom, expert Q&A, and AI help.
- Architect robust engineering solutions and master a complex ecosystem of microservices.
- Ship code for a high visibility product for millions of users.
- Write high-performance code to provide a snappy user experience.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience with React in production.
- Mission driven - we are an education company.
- Passion for building new user experiences.
- Excellent communication skill.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.