Upserve is looking for a Principal Frontend Engineer with a design-centric approach and a passion for mentoring to join our web applications team. This team designs and creates both core and supplemental products for Upserve’s customers. Frontend Engineers on this team create compelling and functional UX in collaboration with backend engineers to meet new and existing product requirements with robust, maintainable solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Be a technical leader, gaining ownership and mutual respect over existing and new areas of the product, and collaboratively design with our customer’s needs as paramount.
- Imbue your team with passion for delightful user experiences.
- Drive quality and testing methodologies to ensure only robust solutions are delivered.
- Create maintainable solutions that meet Product and Engineering needs to grow the business.
- Collaborate with our Product and UX teams to disambiguate requirements and understand context to create the appropriate interfaces.
- Participate in sprint planning, code reviews, and retrospectives.
- Guide and mentor other engineers.
Who You Are
- You understand the web is consumed on many varied platforms with many varied levels of connectivity and bandwidth, and you design accordingly.
- You are an experienced and passionate technical leader who is comfortable defining technical solutions to stimulating challenges.
- You believe in building robust, rigorously-tested systems and components, and driving our quality bar cross-functionally.
- You take pride in your work and the value that it creates, enabling instrumentation and diagnostics post-release phase.
- You are a pragmatic idealist -- you strive for efficient and practical solutions not just theoretically ideal ones.
- You are a believer in moving fast with care and quality as key tenets.
- You enjoy talking about user functionality as much as you enjoy talking about functional programming.
- You feel a tremendous sense of urgency to get value to end users, and you tap into that energy to drive, lead, and motivate your colleagues.
- You get excited about types and algorithms, and know when to choose the right data structure for the right task.
* NOTE: This role is fully remote.
Upserve by Lightspeed is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to have a team that is as diverse as the industry we serve. We partner with a number of local organizations working to improve access to the tech industry for underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!