Vesta Healthcare is a startup with a simple mission: helping the elderly, our parents, and grandparents - to continue living their lives at home and stay connected to their family and community. We monitor the home in real-time, identifying issues before they become health events, and helping connect those in need with those who can help.
Our technology platform includes home-based mobile applications, a clinical dashboard, and data analytics not previously available to health professionals.
We're a Series A company that has grown 300% in the past 6 months and has 4x our customer base. The company has raised $40M from top healthcare investors like OAK HC/FT, Deerfield Management, Lux Capital, Kaiser Permanente, Nationwide and others.
OUR ENGINEERING TEAM:
We’re a team of 8 engineers planning to double in 2021. We value good collaboration, positive feedback, and teamwork. Our favorite meeting is our biweekly blameless retros where we get to talk about what went well and what didn’t so we can improve on every cycle.
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS:
Here’s a link to our interview process - Link
Tldr - we value day-to-day type exercises over algorithms. Our interview process is simple and straightforward.
OUR TECH STACK
- Backend: Java with Dropwizard, Hibernate, Jetty, Jackson, GraphQL
- Infrastructure: ECS, RDS, Lambda, Glue, Athena, Cloudformation, SNS, and more
- Dev tools: Github, CircleCI, Docker
WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON:
As a Mobile Engineer, you’ll be working within our to develop scalable applications that:
- Support the workflow caregivers in the home
- Leverage our unprecedented access to receive, transform, and analyze clinical data from many sources
- Incorporate intelligence into clinical decision support
- Engage and delight end-users (patients and their caregivers)
WHO YOU ARE
- Writes understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Previous experience in React Native in a production application
- Solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a choice of many different plans/costs partially subsidized by us
- Three weeks paid vacation + 10 sick/personal days + ~10 paid local holidays
- $350 one time reimbursement to set up your home office
- $50/month reimbursement for internet or other home office expenses
- $50/month gym reimbursement to be used for gyms, home equipment, online classes, etc
- Basic Life & AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits paid fully by us
- Voluntary benefits such as Pet, Home and Auto, Legal Insurance plus more
- Pre-tax Flex Spending/Dependent Care/Transit accounts
- Partial ownership of Vesta Healthcare via stock options