We’re on a mission to help everyone find a home they love while making the search simple and painless.
Together, we can change the narrative around what it means to be a renter. And while we have grown
very quickly over the past few years, your job will be to help us with more effective ways to engage with
The Reactivation and Re-engagement team helps renters come back to us. We’re a team
that builds the experience for users who are ready to start their housing search for the second/nth time on
our solutions. We work with different technologies to re-engage with users and build flows to help
re-onboard the renters when they are ready to start their search.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
● Work on the Apartment List flagship web application with a small team of full-stack engineers
● Help build out a new notification system responsible for sending emails and push notifications
● Collaborate with product manager and designer to build and improve user experiences for renters
● Explore new technologies and adopt them in our product development.
● Passionate about building performant, responsive web applications
● Participate in the whole development cycle, and drive important product decisions.
● Write code and build beautiful user interfaces in React using some of the newest tools like
Emotion and Next.js
● Build restful APIs on top of Ruby on Rails or other modern web frameworks
● Commit code into a large repository using git for version control and pull requests on Github for
What you believe/stand for:
● You believe that the best work comes from a team that’s unified in its mission - you prioritize
getting everyone on the same page and take pride that your teammates all feel the ownership
and hunger to create the best experience for our users
● Being user-centric as the first principle: whether it’s property managers, leasing agents, renters,
or fellow apartment listers, you can articulate the pain points of data's customers - you thrive on
finding and solving for unique data problems and enable our end users to be successful
● Excellence is important to you - you want to be amongst kind, passionate people who push each
other to be better.
Here are the skills and experience you'll need to be successful:
● You have solid software development skills and computer science fundamentals
● You love implementing pixel-perfect UIs and engaging animations
● You have a great understanding of web development systems and you’re eager to learn about
● You are a well-rounded engineer who seeks simplicity
● You're always on the lookout to learn new technology. Maybe you tried Kafka and wished for
something better? Perhaps you dabbled with Elasticsearch? Or maybe you played with Go and
loved it? We care that you care!