Apply for this job
At cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, our mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth.
Valora is a new way to send and receive value worldwide, powered by Celo Dollars and the Celo Network. It is at the heart of Celo’s vision and mission of building an inclusive financial system Our Wallet Engineering team collaborates with all teams at cLabs, the Celo Community, and our end users to realize our mission.
We are looking for a Mobile Engineer with a passion for building consumer facing products and experience delivering production mobile applications. We are a remote friendly company. Our partners are located globally across EU, US, South America, and Africa to name a few with physical offices in Berlin, Buenos Ares, and San Francisco.
cLabs is a Teal organization, an emerging organizational design that aligns with decentralization
Our culture supports networked leadership, wholeness, and evolutionary purpose.
Your experience, skills, and personal goals will actively shape your role at cLabs. Your personal and professional development is a priority — let’s work together to figure out how you can best contribute to our team!
- Build open-source products (like our mobile wallet) that people user to interact with the Celo platform
- Develop unique solutions to enable running a decentralised blockchain client on a mobile device
- Deliver a quality experience to end users by testing thoroughly and setting a high bar for performance
- Work with other Engineers to implement best practices and review code
- Collaborate with product and design teams to craft a simple user experience
- A strong passion for Celo's mission of prosperity for everyone
- Experience with production React Native, iOS, or Android applications
- Ability to write high quality, well tested code
- Ability to grow and adapt to a rapidly evolving technology stack
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead technical discussions
- A sensibility for product design, with good user experience instincts.
- 5+ years real-world experience in software development
At cLabs we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.