Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
We're looking for a passionate engineer to drive our Adaptavist Learn platform to the next level. We're a small, new and thriving team within Adaptavist that is building and shaping add-ons for the Atlassian ecosystem. Initially, you will be working on the future of our Cloud Apps in Jira Confluence & Bitbucket with scope to expand this across to our Data center product.
Some of the things you'll do:
- Evaluation of existing solutions, analysis and design of new developments, implementation, deployment, quality assurance, and supporting the support individual
- Propose improvements for applications, systems, and methodologies i.e Point out issues with the existing architecture and code, and clean it up
- Facilitate communication with the rest of the team, including other developers, product managers, marketing team, documentation, QA, and support, to achieve the team and product objectives.
- A strong team player mindset. Experience in mentoring developers (via tech design reviews & sparring, code reviews etc) and ability to effectively collaborate on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Adaptavist
What we're looking for:
- Experience working on a large codebase/API
- Experience with HTML5, CSS and front-end best practices
- Experience in any one database storage technology and languages (e.g. SQL/RDBMS like Postgres and/or NoSQL like DynamoDB)
- Experience in using Java with tools like Junit, Maven, Gradle and mockito to build and test developer tooling, libraries and cloud services
- Understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems
What you'll initially be working with:
- React, TypeScript, Webpack & Redux
- Git, Bitbucket repository and Bitbucket pipelines
- Serverless/Microservice Architecture
- Secure cloud native applications deployed in AWS
- Jira product/APIs
A few nice to haves:
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like Kanban or Scrum
- Experience with Atlassian products and APIs such as Jira (especially), Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence, etc will be an instant hit!
- Broad knowledge and understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience of public cloud offerings (AWS, AWS lambda, fargate, SNS / SQS, DynamoDB, API Gateway and S3) and Docker containers
- Passion for the latest trends in application design and Interest in learning more about new languages and frameworks
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
Please check out our website
to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!