Apply for this job
Eventbrite is seeking a Principle Frontend Software Engineer to join us in our mission to bring the world together through live experiences. Last year alone, our platform processed over 150 million tickets across over 3 million events organized by our creators. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build beautiful, responsive, delightful, and intuitive user interfaces that our creators and attendees are excited to use every day.
The members of our team tackle big problems through small group collaboration. Our technology spans across web, mobile, APIs, big data and machine learning, search, as well as physical point of sale and ticket scanning systems. As a people-focused organization, we support a culture of inclusion, mentorship, and continuous learning. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and hackathons are at the core of how we build our team and product. We engage with the community by hosting events with exciting technical speakers and releasing key building blocks of our stack as open-source software. Our engineering teams own their services and systems end to end from requirements gathering to deployment to maintenance. Team members follow an on-call rotation to ensure any issues are mitigated immediately and root causes are rectified.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer who is passionate about their craft to join our team and influence the future of Frontend at Eventbrite. You will solve challenging technical problems and own your products end-to-end, and architect applications from the ground up thinking through continuous deployment and scalability. You will contribute to Eventbrite engineering’s culture of technical excellence through inclusivity, knowledge sharing, and mentorship. This is more than an opportunity to join an amazing team, it is a chance to impact Eventbrite’s platform and organization at scale.
THE TECH STACK
Eventbrite extensively uses React with Redux and has started using Typescript for building various applications. We are one of the world’s largest Django-powered sites by request volume. Python, Django, and MySQL are the primary off-the-shelf technologies in our stack. We are hosted on AWS.
THE SKILL SET
- You have experience working with React
- You have experience with state management frameworks like Redux
- You can lead and influence architectural designs
- You are a pragmatic programmer that understands how to balance quality, time to ship, and cost
- You understand build vs. buy tradeoffs
- You can improve engineering standards, tooling, and processesYou have a deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility pitfalls and how to work around them
- You have a great track record of working closely with design teams to build beautiful and intuitive web pages and applications
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching colleagues at all levels, while also learning from them
- You have a holistic approach to quality
- You have experience working with WebGL, OpenGL, and Three.js
- You have a strong portfolio (on Github) that displays your passion for delighting users
- You have previous experience working with a large engineering team on a complex web application
- You have previous experience with build chain tools like Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, and Yarn.
- You have previous experience with visual design techniques like spacing, typography, and color.
- You have familiarity with server-side frameworks such as Django, Express, Rails, .Net, or Node.js
- You have familiarity with working in container environments and continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- You have familiarity with TypescriptYou have familiarity with relational databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it's an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.