Senior Front-End Engineer
Posted 2 years ago
Apply for this job
At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
You’ll join a multi-disciplinary team of engineers creating our Development and Operating Platform as part of our Games Technology Unit. In the DOP our mission is to reduce the cost and risk required to develop, launch and globally scale innovative multiplayer games. You will contribute to the UX for a platform that is the fastest and most efficient way to build these games; and that enables developers to focus on game play innovation.
You will have the opportunity to build and iterate on our web applications. You will be expected to work alongside our product managers and designers and contribute to the feedback process for our product from its earliest point.
You will work in an agile, cross discipline team that believes in customer focus, continuous delivery, and continuous improvement. Work with back-end and full-stack engineers on our new microservices architecture and refactor our existing monolithic systems. Work with our QA engineers to build in quality as we go. Iterate with Product, UX Designers, and Partner Engineering team for customer collaborations, customer feedback and customer impact.
Areas of impact
- Working in a cross-functional team of engineers and product managers to build and iterate on intuitive applications for games studios
- Build first class typesafe UIs using the latest in web tech: TypeScript / React / gRPC/ Contribute to tooling and shared component library as part of a design system
- Write performant, scalable and reusable components
- Refactor and improving on test coverage, boosting reliability and scalability for our web product
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Expert understanding of more than one Web application architecture, and the ability to articulate the benefits and tradeoffs to an engineering audience
- Fluency with React (or similar libraries/frameworks like Vue.js or Angular) on data-intensive web applications
- Fluency in the libraries and tooling making up a Web front-end technology stack.
- Understanding of continuous delivery techniques
- Understanding of authentication and authorization
- Strong knowledge of the building cross-browser applications and managing site performance
- Experience building customer facing products and design systems
- Experience using analytics to inform designs and measure feature success.
While we think the above experience could be important, we can’t predict the future and so we’re keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.