Who We Are:
LiveAuctioneers is the leading marketplace for fine art, collectibles, furniture, and jewelry.
Founded in 2002, LiveAuctioneers was the first in the industry to introduce mobile bidding, video streamed auctions, and more. The company continues to be a pioneer in the sale of rare treasures. In 2019, LiveAuctioneers helped facilitate $3 billion of sales by connecting 13 million of the world's most knowledgeable collectors with thousands of passionate sellers of one-of-a-kind items.
We are building products that connect auction houses to bidders around the world in our effort to enable everyone to buy and sell exceptional items with confidence.
LiveAuctioneers is an inclusive, small team with talented management who have started and/or grown market-leading companies like GrubHub/Seamless and 1stDibs. The company's most recent investment was led by Cove Hill Partners, investors in innovative companies like NetDocuments and Storable.
You will be working as a member of an inclusive team that uses a friendly and collaborative small-team approach (about 5-6 engineers per team) to help us build the trusted marketplace of collectibles curated by experts.
Our engineering team operates and builds on a service-oriented, event-driven architecture, utilizing continuous integration and continuous delivery.
This position is open only to candidates able to work out of our Lehi office (in the Salt Lake City area), with the flexibility to work remote
ly at least through June 2021, due to COVID.
- Develop systems with agile development methodologies and principles
- Participate in planning, design, development, and implementation for multiple initiatives
- Play a role in project/iteration planning sessions, ensuring proposed short-term estimates are achievable and realistic
- Develop technical system design documents, QA Automation scripts
- Contribute to process-improvement initiatives in an effort to help the team deliver faster
Who You Are:
- We are looking for someone who cares very much about testing, monitoring, metrics and especially about delivering software. You're someone who is not afraid to jump in, learn new things, and stay committed to the great things you build.
- You are a collaborative person who thrives working with others across disciplines. You are not afraid to ask questions when you're stuck, and are anxious to support your teammates with answers in turn.
- Experience in our exact stack is not a requirement - we're looking for a person who is a curious doer. As a small team, we look for team members who are strong contributors involved in every step of the development cycle.
- Comfortable with large, complex CSS structures
- Enthusiasm for improving development best practices, patterns and architecture across teams.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Readiness to tackle challenges with creative problem solving
- Communicate clearly
- Think critically and be decisive when it’s appropriate
- Collaborative team member
- The ability to pair with other engineers on solving problems
- Comfortable working in real-time with other engineers in remote locations
- The ability to consume services built by other teams or team members into your work
- A person who cares about the life of the work they build
- An innovative mindset
- Passionate about learning the "right" way to do things and implementing conscientiously
- Willing to share your opinions and approaches, and hear others’, so we can find the best solution rather than defer to the loudest
- Comfortable implementing unit tests
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus:
- Languages: Go, SQL, and PHP
- Tech: Node, Express, Redux, Webpack, Babel, Git
- Infrastructure: AWS, S3, Docker, Fastly