We are Phrasee, a fast-growing, global technology business headquartered in London, UK with a global team. Our AI-Powered Copywriting technology empowers brands with better copy than humans can write alone.
It started with a simple idea. Language is the crux of all marketing. And yet there was no technology that could make marketing language better. So, we built it, and the rest is history.
Fast forward to today and over 300 million people across the world have experienced Phrasee-generated copy. Our unique technology generates and optimizes marketing copy for some of the world’s leading brands, including eBay, Dixons Carphone, Domino’s, and Virgin Holidays.
Our growth plans are fast and global and we want YOU to be a part of the Phrasee story.
We are a small, agile and highly motivated product development team. We have collaborative and flexible working environment, and we love getting stuff done. As a Senior Engineer, you’ll help take the team to the next level in terms of process and technology and drive significant improvements to our core platform and user experience.
Our tech stack:
). Data is stored in, PostgreSQL and MongoDB. We are fully AWS hosted. We also have a proprietary NLG and Deep Learning platform that is used to power our Language optimization features.
We are constantly evolving our platform and tools to take advantage of the ever-changing tech landscape.
What you'll be doing:
- Building engaging and progressive user experiences into Phrasee's user-facing products (SaaS application)
- Applying the latest front-end technologies with a focus on React development, advanced CSS implementation and HTML5
- Improving browser rendering and performance
- Building advanced data visualisations
- Making suggestions, improving interactions, and having a direct impact on the customer experience
- Driving front end requirements for new projects
- Champion agile best practices like TDD, Continuous integration and delivery
- Making the Phrasee app even more awesome!
You’re a Front-End Engineer with:
- 3+ years’ experience in React front end development
- Highly skilled in ES2015, CSS3 and HTML5
- Good knowledge of CSS pre-processors such as Sass
- Working knowledge of Node.js
- Knowledge of another language, such as TypeScript, Flow, Elm or PureScript would be a bonus
- Experience with mobile devices would also be a bonus
- Comfortable in a scale up environment; where things move fast & you need to be flexible to change
- Used to working in a team with centralised Git repos
What we're offering:
- We strive to create a fun, friendly, and comfortable working environment.
- We believe a good work-life balance is essential.
- We're in this business for the long haul. We give our team time to think and to do things right.
- Our team is a democracy. Everybody has a voice in how things are done.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits, but most importantly, a chance to work for a young, scale up company with and AWESOME team and culture, and a cutting-edge product that actually shows the value of AI!
This role is remote
but given the bulk of the team is based in and around London, ideally you are based somewhere that is +/- 3hrs of GMT (or willing to work those hours).