Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
We’re looking for exceptional Senior Frontend Engineers to work on our React
based web applications.
You’ll be joining a fully remote
team within the Kraken Engineering department and your success on this team will be measured by your contributions to its pursuit of perfection both from a product feature and engineering architecture perspective, thus a strong team player mindset is required. You must possess excellent technical knowledge and the ability to accomplish amazing amounts of important work, seek what is best for Kraken and its success, create new and useful ideas, make time to help colleagues, challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches, admit mistakes freely and openly, treat people with respect even if you’re in disagreement with them, and above all provide frequent candid corrective feedback to your teammates.
At Kraken we strongly believe that high performance teams filled with stunning colleagues is a core foundation of success in software development and we require all our engineers to embody that mindset.
- 4+ years of professional experience working with React
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent knowledge of React and Next.js
- Excellent knowledge of modern state management libraries (Flux pattern)
- Experience both with REST and Websocket based web services
- Experience building framework and platform agnostic packages
- Experience working on complex enterprise systems, or proven ability to successfully deliver a greenfield product
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Forensic attention to detail
- You’re passionate about software development... it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby
- You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current
Nice to have
- Knowledge of and passion for cryptocurrency
- Knowledge of Web Workers
- Knowledge of the Actor pattern and how it can be used on the web
- Knowledge of React Native
- Knowledge of Rust
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Learn more about us