Our client is currently looking for a full-time and experienced React Native engineer (m/f/x). Someone who can make complex systems understandable, who loves working according to the latest standards and takes pride in delivering nothing but high-quality React and React Native code.
To be very clear: this job posting is not with madewithlove, but instead with one of our clients whom we consciously chose to work with.
They are an early-stage company located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, pioneering in the health and beauty industry. They are backed by a global leader in cosmetics and a venture capital fund. You will find out more details about the client during the recruitment process.
You must live and work in the Netherlands as you are required to come to the office in Amsterdam.
What will you be doing?
- You will be writing modern React code while understanding that continuous refactoring is part of the job. You have a critical and pragmatic approach to guard over the quality of the code.
- You will conceive (technical) solutions for the problems our clients are facing by writing clean and readable code
- You review the technical architecture of the platform and make the right choices on technologies we should (not) use.
- You'll be responsible for implementing manual and automatic testing because you understand it’s an integral part of delivering high-quality features.
- You maintain and improve CI/CD pipelines to ensure a steady and stable release pace.
- You collaborate with a small team of top-notch engineers and aim to improve others as much as yourself.
! Don't hesitate to apply if you don't fulfil 100% of the requirements. Superheroes don't exist, people with passion and talent do!
- You protect our company values in and outside the company walls and you politely speak out when they are not followed. You embrace diversity, inclusivity and (e)quality.
- You like working in the startup scene and have a passion for SaaS. You don't mind going the extra mile if needed and managing your own time in a flexible environment.
- You know where information can be found and actively search for it. You can think for yourself and challenge the information you find. You don't hesitate to ask questions because others know things you don't. You document everything and in such a way that everybody can understand what is happening and why.
- Although you can work independently and efficiently, you like to work in a team environment. You make sure that everybody in your team feels safe to give their opinion and you value every team member's input. Once a group decision is made, you act as a team member by following the architecture, the processes and coding standards as agreed upon.
- You do what you promise and you take ownership of tasks. You always try to go for the best quality possible with respect to timing and budget. You understand the why of decisions and you suggest improvements when you see an opportunity.
- You always aim for quality so you actively and consistently strive to expand your knowledge, both technical and non-technical. You like sharing your knowledge with colleagues and the world through different channels (blogging, presentations, group discussions, ...). You are able to give others honest, constructive and actionable feedback. Credit is assigned accurately and generously.
- You can communicate clearly, taking into account who your audience is. You are always honest, sometimes brutally so, but you are aware of the situation and always stay polite. You know which is the right channel for each message or question.
- You are an expert in React Native.
- You have experience building React Native bridges for iOS and Android.
- You know how to handle state, routing & side-effects with React.
- You have experience setting up tooling for a modern mobile app.
- You are keen on quality assurance and automatic testing.
- Version control (e.g. Git) is something you couldn't miss anymore.
- Your English must be very good, both oral and written. We still like accents though.
- You have experience with a design system.
- You like a heavy dose of GraphQL
- You have experienced setting up infrastructure (e.g. Fastlane) and CI/CD pipelines (e.g. GitHub Actions)
- You have some experience with PHP or TypeScript
- You have a weak spot for performance & accessibility.
- You have something valuable to add when discussing the product, UX and/or UI
What you will be offered
- A remuneration in accordance with the Dutch startup market
- Flexible working conditions
- 25 paid holidays