Senior Software Engineer
Muck Rack’s engineering team powers a platform that is meaningfully changing how journalists, PR pros, and marketers around the world work. Self-funded, globally distributed, and remote-first since our founding, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the “Best Places to Work in NYC” in 2019 and 2020. We’re looking for a collaborative and self-motivated Front-End Developer to join our small but quickly growing team and make a big impact.
As a Front-End Developer you’ll work alongside the CTO, fellow software engineers, product managers, and designers, to ensure that our product looks great and works well with our clients. Our engineers are not siloed to any part of the application – everyone contributes everywhere.
Our tech stack includes Python, Django, Celery, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Vue, and Webpack. Our technology team is focused on scale, quality, delivery, and thoughtful customer experience. We ship frequently without sacrificing work/life balance.
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 3+ years professional experience as a Front-End Developer focused on performance and profiling.
- Possess strong communication skills and can explain ideas clearly, give and receive feedback, and work well with team members.
- Have worked on complex, high-traffic sites at a startup or Software-as-a-Service company.
- Understand multiple front-end frameworks (Vue, React, etc.).
- Have been a part of planning and building front-end end-to-end and unit testing.
- Are familiar with Linux or Unix environments and the command line.
- Have demonstrable Python/Django experience
- Have a good understanding of responsive design, grids, typography, and layout.
- Have a strong understanding of SEO principles and accessibility practices (ADA compliance).
- Desire to create something beautiful.
More about us:
Muck Rackers work to make journalists, PR pros, and marketers more successful.
Self-funded and growing quickly but sustainably, we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products, put our customers first, and offer an inclusive culture that welcomes diverse perspectives.
We enjoy the flexibility to work where we’re most productive and stay connected no matter where we’re located. We each have an impact on our continued growth and success, and we all take pride in the work we do to drive the company forward.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible remote-first policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Flexible spending account
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, and an Employee Assistance Program
- Off-the-grid vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym & bike memberships
- Opt-in disability and life insurance
Muck Rack encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process.
**We are actively interviewing candidates across the US, Canada, Poland and Bulgaria only**