Love music? Come sit with us. At our core, we help creative people make better music with cutting edge technology.
Output is seeking a Front-End Software Developer that will take a key role in developing advanced front-end user interfaces using modern Web technologies. They are passionate about building the best musical tools for the diverse artists who use Output’s products, and dedicated to producing high-quality, reliable, and maintainable code, and value industry-standard software development practices.
How you'll add value:
- Develop a desktop-based music software application built in Web-based technology
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, product designers, and sound designers, becoming a core member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Take responsibility for the codebase owned by your team
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
What you'll need to succeed in this role:
- 3-5 years experience with modern Web front-end frameworks, such as React
- Experience deploying front-end software applications into a production environment
- Dedication to industry-standard development process and long-term codebase quality
- Experience with audio software a plus
- Experience with Electron.js or desktop software development a plus
- Experience with React, Redux & Apollo a plus
Output has made a name for itself as one of the fastest growing, creative, and influential music-making software companies in the world. The likes of Kendrick Lamar, Bjork, Rihanna, James Blake, Imagine Dragons, Justin Timberlake, Nine Inch Nails and many more use our software to write music as well as hit shows and films like Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, and Black Panther.
We are a strong group of like-minded music makers and music lovers sharing the common goal of helping music makers around the world be creative. We’re bonded by music. We’re motivated by challenging and fulfilling work. And we always do it while having fun.
We are currently working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to our office in Los Angeles. Once we are able to return it will be on a voluntary basis. We have successfully launched new products, achieved record sales, and continue to thrive as a team working from home. This has opened us up to hiring permanent remote positions around the country. Our culture has always valued our employee’s work-life balance and we offer 5 weeks of PTO, excellent health care, and a community of music enthusiasts- with access to our music studios (once it is safe to return).