We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US, Canada and UK markets. We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
We're on the lookout for a superstar Frontend User Interface Engineer to build out our global Zip website, integrating product search and discovery to drive user acquisition at scale.
As a Frontend User Interface Engineer for the Web squad, you will be applying the atomic design methodology to deliver pixel perfect, well-tested UI components. You will make effective use of Storybook to design each component in isolation as well as leveraging Chromatic for visual regression testing.
Our CSS codebase makes use of the BEM methodology to ensure consistency and help us scale. Less is more, we constantly focus on shipping as little CSS as possible.
As part of the Web squad, you will be surrounded by a team of senior engineers with support from your design lead and Senior Product Manager to drive a culture of data-driven design and decisioning.
Your years of experience in CSS, along with a history of well executed responsive design will help you excel in this challenging, yet rewarding and fast-paced environment.
With Continuous Deployment to production multiple times per day, you will thrive in our fast-paced environment.
What you will do:
- Pay attention to details and be able to discover and solve problems by yourself and enjoy doing it, as this place is fun and on a huge journey!
- Produce foolproof code and be able to work un-supervised with a "can do" attitude with that extra mile to ensure that what is delivered to the technical and business stakeholders is above and beyond their expectations.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where priority changes occur often - be agile while hiking around waterfalls.
- Help support the diagnosis of production issues when they happen
- Feel responsible for what you do - strong sense of ownership: You build it, you test it, you run it, you deploy it and you support it.
- Explore new technologies and share your findings with the wider engineering teams
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Work in a team with a "customer first" and “team first” mentality
- Recommend and assist with architectural changes to improve performance and reliability
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- CSS Experience in grid/adaptive/responsive/semantic HTML/SCSS - Yes we use SCSS, not any modern CSS-in-JS approach you can think of.
- BEM. We actually do use BEM approach.
- Experience with Figma.
- Component Driven Structure. We follow the Component Driven approach, and are obsessed with Visual Regression tests with storybook
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
Bonus points for:
- Previous work on search engine frontend development.
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.