As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
The team and the products you will be working on:
You will be part of a team responsible for the development life cycle of 8x8’s Video Conferencing products, like https://8x8.vc and Jitsi as a Service https://jaas.8x8.vc. In doing so, you will contribute to the open source video collaboration platform Jitsi - https://jitsi.org, closely collaborating with the multidisciplinary team that maintains Jitsi.
- Contribute to the full development lifecycle - design, develop, test, deploy and maintain code
- Research, design and develop Proofs of Concepts to solve product requirements
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and integrations
- Adhere to high quality standards through unit testing and automation
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Good understanding of object-oriented and functional programming principles
- Knowledge of usability, accessibility and cross-browser issues and solutions
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills Good written and verbal communication skills in English
Would be a plus:
- Background in application and communication protocols (HTTP, WebSocket, XMPP, WebRTC)
- Networking and security
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 International and the Cluj office look like check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.