At Brighte, we believe every Australian deserves access to a sustainable and comfortable home. How do we help Australian’s achieve this? We build innovative mobile and web platforms, responsible and seamless financial solutions, and relationships with customers and vendors that last. Our addressable market is massive and rooted in a positive mission that empowers Australian’s and the growing and critically important sustainability market.
We have been recognised for our incredible work in diversity and inclusion and have a leadership team that is passionate about building a high performing culture where people feel a sense of belonging. If you’re keen to work for a mission-driven company, with smart people who live and breath Brighte’s values, have a read below.
What you'll do
Software engineers at Brighte design, develop, test, and maintain software programs for computer operating systems or applications. We work collaboratively with other teams to ensure we are building incredible products for our customers. Conferring with and assisting team members and other developers on problems, improvements, and modifications to system software and projects.
In this role, you will build front-end components as well as wrangling APIs in the back end and ensure the quality of delivery. We also conduct code reviews and keep up with industry best practices and new technologies, learning & implementing the latest trends. It is essential we continuously learn so when unexpected and new problems arise we are equipped to solve them.
We are going through a huge period of growth in our Engineering team and we are also on the lookout for the following skills.
-Experience with Microservices architecture, RESTful APIs, OpenApi, AWS, Docker
-Experience with NodeJS and serverless technology, Lambda, PHP OOP
What you've done
- Experience in Mobile app development with React Native (Android, iOS)
- Experience using redux and applying middleware such as redux-saga
- Experience deploying native apps with CI/CD pipelines utilising tools such as Fastlane
- Unit testing using tools such as Jest
- Experience with Firebase Crashlytics, GIT / Bitbucket code repositories and workflows
- Firm grasp of good software design principles
Who you are
- Commercial experience as a software developer
- Willingness to learn, share and expand
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong conceptual, critical and analytical thinking, demonstrating outside-of-the-box problem solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership, pro-active and able to self-manage work
- Employee Share Options. We want to build a successful company which means sharing the potential upside together.
- Flexible working. It's all about balance so feel free to work from home when you need to.
- Generous Parental Leave Policy. We couldn't get where we are today without our families.
- Diversity and Inclusion. Winning Best Workplace Diversity award at the 2020 Finnies.
- Employee Assistance Program. For confidential financial, work, relationship, or wellbeing support.
- Recognition and Reward Brighte Stars program. We drive a culture of recognition and celebration by shining a light on our accomplishments and everyday victories.
- Nutritious food. A well-stocked pantry including free breakfast, daily fresh fruit, espresso coffee, yoghurt, Tim Tams and many more snacks to make work feel a little more like home. We've also got kombucha, beer, and wine on tap.
- End-of-Trip Facilities. Cycle into work, lock up your wheels, and have a shower in our end of trip facilities with towel service and hair dryers.
We’re a high performing team and proud to be backed by investors who believe in our mission and the opportunity we have ahead of us. Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments, Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital as well as Qualgro Partners continue to help us scale our teams and products.
We’re recognised as one of Australia’s leading fintech companies, having been ranked the 6th fastest growing Technology Business in Australia in the Deloitte Fast 50/500 (2020) and winning the inaugural Finder Green Award (2020). We’ve also been recognised as a leading FinTech by the Australian Financial Review, Fintech Business Awards and KPMG.