Who We Are
Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Through Prosper, borrowers get access to fixed and low-rate loans and investors in those loans can earn solid returns. Our mission is to help build financial well-being for our users. Since our launch in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer lending marketplace in the US, more than 1 million loans have been provided through the Prosper platform. We’ve helped people gain access to more than $18 billion in loans for everything from consolidating credit card debt, making home improvements, and even paying for costly medical expenses.
Backed by leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Francisco Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, and Credit Suisse NEXT Fund, our platform is developed and supported with pride in our downtown San Francisco and sunny Phoenix offices.
What We Need
- We are seeking a passionate and ambitious individual who is comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary Scrum team on our core financial product. The right candidate has complete command on current web development technologies with strong skills with React and GraphQL as well as some experience designing and implementing user experiences. This individual is an accomplished well-rounded developer, with a mastery of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks. They also have a thorough understanding of the implication of software designs and implementation choices on application usability, performance and maintainability.
What You Will Do
- Build performant and user friendly and interactive cross platform web applications that help our customers achieve their financial goals
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
- Leverage tools such as A/B testing, analytics, HEAP, Optimizely and SEO to increase customer acquisition and enable traffic to target user
What You Will Need to Have
- 5 + years of experience building web applications
- Ability to lead and focus a team of experienced engineers, leading them to a optimal solution
- Deep understanding of cross browser, cross device, and web speed considerations
- Solid coding practices, including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
- Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
- Experience building high traffic consumer applications, or customer acquisition funnels
- Experience in Authentication and Authorization solutions
A Few Things to Know About Us
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits plan for benefits-eligible employees, including incentive bonuses, stock options, company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401(k) with employer-match, fitness reimbursement, commuting reimbursement, and more!
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.