Are you excited about solving complex problems with machine learning? Want to contribute to a more sustainable future? Myst is a startup that uses AI to help energy companies better predict the future, to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce carbon emissions. We are building a platform that helps companies create highly accurate forecasts at unparalleled scale.
We recently closed our Series A from top Silicon Valley VCs. We’re hiring
our first Frontend Engineer to join our small (but mighty) team in San Francisco. You’ll be joining a group of people committed to positive environmental impact from a wide set of backgrounds, ranging from academia and nonprofits to technology companies like Google, Apple, and Nest.
What does a Frontend Engineer at Myst AI do?
As a Frontend Engineer, you’ll play a key role in our software development team improving the design, implementation, and observability of our platform user experience. You will work closely with the Product team to get the initial designs, but you will have ownership of the development of our frontend user interfaces.
, Redux, Typescript, Material Design Components). Our infrastructure is hosted in Google Cloud Platform and includes a variety of services and databases. Our codebase is thoroughly unit tested and our CI/CD pipelines are fully automated.
What might you work on?
- Implement an expanded user interface for interactively building complex time series forecasting models
- Implement designs of data visualizations of forecasts and forecast metrics
- Update Myst’s backend APIs to make small changes to support frontend features
- Create design documents for how to structure the frontend implementation into individual React components
- Closely collaborate with creative and product designers on UX design
What do you need to be successful?
- Minimum of 2-3+ years of work experience in a world-class software engineering environment with a proven record of being an effective collaborator
- Experience creating charts, controls and dashboards using data visualization libraries (e.g. Google Charts, D3.js)
- Experience building SaaS products with a focus on providing data insights that have scaled to many hundreds of customers
- Experience contributing to UI design (we use Figma) and implementing user interfaces based on Material Design
- Demonstrated ownership of solving complex problems and a high attention to detail
We are passionate about Myst because we use state-of-the-art technology to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce emissions and waste. We work with a dozen leading energy companies in Europe and North America, often helping them save millions of dollars a year while reducing their carbon emissions.
We are committed to creating a culture in which people can be themselves; and we strongly believe in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. Some of the best people we’ve worked with did not follow conventional paths. If you think you’re a good fit, even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications, please reach out to us – we’d love to hear from you. Myst offers a competitive salary, stock options, health benefits, 401k matching, etc.