Space is in our DNA. Orbital Sidekick (OSK) has a mission to launch a constellation of space-based hyperspectral imaging sensors by 2021, and our team is growing fast. We’re looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to support our engineering team. This person will work across operations, analytics, product, and engineering teams to help us solve some of the hardest problems in remote
- Collaborating with stakeholders to design, develop, and test various software components
- Greenfield development of OSK’s main end-user web application (“SIGMA”)
- Greenfield development of OSK’s data import and analysis pipeline
- Debug, diagnose, and fix bugs within the existing codebase
- Work with our Analytics team to implement analysis tools and ML algorithms
- Significant experience (2 or more years) working with React, Vue or Angular
- Understanding of REST APIs constructed with Python stacks (Django or Flask)
- Experience with data design for relational databases, including SQL
- Experience with Linux development
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a startup environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills / technologies.
- Minimum 3+ years relevant industry experience.
One or more of the following
- Experience with geographic information processing
- Experience implementing virtualization technologies such as Docker
- Experience implementing automated build, test, and deployment systems
- Experience with machine learning algorithms in production
- Experience with spectral image processing
- Experience with C++
Benefits of Working at OSK
- We offer competitive compensation and equity packages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% premiums covered by OSK for employees and 50% for dependents
- Company-sponsored 401K
ITAR Requirements: U.S. Government space technologies export/ITAR regulations apply here, applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Orbital Sidekick is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Orbital Sidekick is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster
and EEO poster supplement
for additional information.